Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 13



My day trip out to the country side was not quite what I intended. It clouded up, cooled off a bit and the small town that I headed out to see was so much smaller, sleepier, than I thought it would be. Just a cluster of about half a dozen places at an intersection. The coffee shop was the place I looked most forward to going to and it was... OK. If you don't have a specialty coffee (latte, cappuccino, etc.) then it was "french press" in 3 sizes. Which leads one to believe that you actually get a french press of coffee. Instead I just got handed a mug of coffee. ?? Good coffee and I then I asked if I could buy coffee by the pound or half pound. The gal looked at me quizzically and said that I could order it. I explained that I just wanted coffee to take home with me and she then told me that they sell it in reusable mason jars. Like that concept but I didn't even bother to ask if they ground it there and she didn't offer. Interesting...  I had some of the coffee this morning and it's excellent. If I can find it in the city, I would buy it again.

After driving around to a couple other small communities, I head back to the city with a sour stomach and a migraine. I just couldn't seem to find a place to settle in and read or sketch.  I found a coffee shop in town and waited until the start time of a movie I wanted to see. Still no sketching, but I finished my novel. When I got home I did this. It feels like something organic and slightly alive, the way coral is, slowly growing and changing. It was very meditative.

Happy creating,
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment